SATURDAY 2nd MARCH, 2024
This event is a metrogaine and uses the principles of rogaining in an urban and surrounding bush setting. Teamwork, strategic planning and map reading are features of the sport. Teams of 2 to 5 people choose which map checkpoints to visit within a designated time limit, with the intent of maximizing their score. It can be a wild walk, fun run or radical ride as teams plan their strategy and move through the course using the map provided. Great exercise for the body and the mind!
Leap, Race & Pace covers urban and bush environments in Darwin’s northern suburbs, from Lee Point to Rapid Creek through Alawa, Nakara, Jingili, Tiwi, Brinkin, Muirhead and Lyons. All controls are within the green spaces in those areas. Controls are in MapRun, with some hanging controls also being used in natural areas to ensure location is unambiguous. The Hash House will be located at Dripstone Middle School.
There are three events to choose from:
5 Hour LEAP – WALK OR RUN
Maps out at 13:00. Event starts at 15:00, finishes at 20:00.
3 Hour PACER – WALK OR RUN
Maps out at 14:00. Event starts at 16:00, finishes at 19:00.
3 Hour RACER – CYCLE
Maps out at 14:30. Event starts at 16:30, finishes at 19:30.
DINNER is included in your entry fee! Dinner will be served between 18:30 and 20:30.
HOW TO ENTER
1) The Entry Form is attached below.
2) Select your preferred event on the Entry Form. Complete all of the BLUE sections on the Entry Form.
3) Remember, your AGE for the purpose of this event is HOW OLD you will be on 31st December 2024.
4) BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY FORM – all team members must read and agree to the indemnity statement. The statement can be found on a separate tab on the entry form.
6) Pay your entry fee via bank transfer:
NT Rogaining Association
BSB: 065 901
Acct: 1055 9967
Ref: Surname LRP
Entries close at 11:00pm on Tuesday 27th February 2024.
Rogaining is an activity which can involve risk of personal injury or property damage. By participating in the activity, each participant acknowledges that the sport of rogaining involves considerable risk and agrees that in entering this rogaine they do so at their own risk.